There are many steps you can take to finding the right person. We have listed 10 of them here.
1. The first important step would be to get real with yourself. Look at yourself realistically. The right person for
you will love you as you are. Don’t start out trying to be someone you are not. Be yourself, otherwise how can you find the right person for you?
2. Look at what behaviors have attracted you to the wrong person for you rather than the right person for you.
If you want someone who is ambitious and works hard like you do, why do you keep giving someone with zero ambition and goals a chance? If you are warm, sensitive and emotional, why chase the cold, insensitive people? To find the right person for you, that person has to make you happy to be with them, not miserable and dissatisfied.
3. Make a list of your goals, dreams, and your priorities. If family is top on your list, the right person should have family pretty high on their list too. If they don’t, they may not be the right person for you. Your taste in movies may be compatible, but if your priorities are not, expect numerous problems and issues.
4. Don’t try to make someone the right person for you. No one is perfect, but if too many major, drastic changes must be made before someone could be the right person for you, choose a better candidate.
5. Don’t assume you know everything about your prospective partner too early. Too many people are shocked upon discovering “another side” to their partner. You won’t know all the sides of anyone until they reveal them. How could you know how someone will react to conflict until there IS conflict? You can’t. You also can’t know if promises will be kept until the AREN’T. So don’t assume, wait to learn the facts, and see all sides of the person.
6. To find the right person and then to create the right relationship it is best to slow down. There is a point to the evolution of a relationship. It helps to prepare both parties for each step, and for the next ones. Rushing into sex, living together, marriage, or any of the other steps can make the right person turn into the wrong one.
7. If you want to find the right person, make it a priority. Make the time to put in the effort to meeting the right one for you. If you can put energy into the wrong relationships and the wrong people, you most certainly can put the effort into finding the right person for you. Be open, ready, and willing to new ideas and ways of bringing the right person into your life. Step out of your comfort zone and make your love life a priority.
8. Don’t take things or your partner for granted. So many people, once they have found the right one for them, stop putting forth an effort. Finding the right person is just the first step. The next step is to keep the right person with you for the long run. Be willing to make compromises and make the proper effort to make them happy too.
9. Stop focusing on the past. Stop focusing on the “when will I find the right person”. Let go of the past and negativity. Try and remain positive. Positive people attract positive, negative people attract negative.
10. Put more energy into doing what makes you happy. Like to cook? Sign up for a cooking class or club. Finding someone who shares the same interests as you can make it easier to find the right person for you. Put yourself out there so the right person for you can find YOU.